Welcome to Fallout Answers!
Welcome to Fallout Answers, Yes-Man. Thanks for contributing! I hope you join in and ask or answer some more questions. You can find the new questions on the WikiActivity page. If you need any help, have a look at Help:Wikianswers. -- Kastera1000 (Talk) 07:19, June 14, 2011
Sorry to be picky, but can I ask you not to sign your answers? The contributions are logged well enough in the page history and a plethora or username links can look confusing. --Kastera (talk) 05:06, August 27, 2011 (UTC)
- No worries. Do you have any suggestions for admins?
Welcome to the team. We have a vandal emergency. I'm taking the list head on, so start anywhere but there. http://fallout.answers.wikia.com/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&limit=500&target=Rrregtrhheej
Big McLargeHuge 17:49, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry, but you were late to the party. But it shows how effective even a small group can be with a 500 question spammer. Hope to see you around here often. Keep an eye on the main page... never know when he will be back... Big McLargeHuge 18:33, September 1, 2011 (UTC)
We've got another
He's probably the same one actually . Anyway we need a massive clean-up on aisle 3.
- Wow; good work, I guess. And I thought my 200 deleted pages was good. Bravo. --Kastera (talk) 01:30, September 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Great job Yes-Man. We called in two of wikia's gaming staff, but that's fantastic :). I did around 2 hours of deleting before we called them in, but you weren't to know. Actually, because of your dedication, I don't think we'll need to call them in because you and I could simply sift through, with Kastera and who ever else is willing. Tezzla created nearly forty pages a minute. Lucky I caught him when I did. I thought a year was enough, but Itachou banned him for life ;).
You, sir... do some absolutely amazingly fast work. Congratulations and thank you!
As a question, since I really don't know any of the details, do we know how Tezzla managed to create so many pages either so quickly, or how he managed to create them without being discovered until he'd done so much. I'm also rather curious to know: what form of vandalism was it?
The crisis was averted. Ghost made a bot of some kind that goes on an inifite loop deleting a users contributions, sort of a like a jury rigged Wikia staff nuke button. --Kastera (talk) 03:52, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- It sure sounds like it. It may take a bit longer than a nuke button, but it gets the job done.
It's actually surprisingly easy to permaban. When at the admin dashboard, keep the expiry option on 'other'. Then in the 'Other time' option, enter 'infinite'. Put down your reason and press block. --Kastera (talk) 15:40, September 10, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, he has been dealt with. however, I thought a perma- or evan a year-ban was far too harsh, so I set it down to a week. I'm also going to tell him to take up the topic of admin power abuse on the forum rather than the mainspace.
Actually, I had not seen them. I have no way of finding them. If you could post a couple to me, I can block the guy accordingly.Actually, disregard that; I went through your logs and found exactly what you were taking about. The guy's been permabannedd for multiple accounts. Good day. :)
- Turns out you can't delete categories (unlike at The Vault), so I had to go long way. Either way, it's settled. --Kastera (talk) 01:03, September18, 2011 (UTC)
- I'll talk to Big McLargeHuge about it. I really do think a permanent ban on IP addresses would be for the best. --Kastera (talk) 22:59, September 25, 2011 (UTC)
Yep. Well, the weekend trial said a lot, I suppose. I feel like the admin team was put together for nothing, but I'm glad there are some people to call on. You know that even with the block, things wont be perfect here. Big McLargeHuge 18:58, September 26, 2011 (UTC)
Turns out that the "question" inserted into the slot was just the delete template. There was no question, someone just felt like putting in the delete template. However, going through the hisrtory, there's no one who added it. Maybe we have glitch gremlins in our system. --Kastera (talk) 13:29, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
That was me. I guess you can delete them? See below. Big McLargeHuge 15:03, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
re: FO3 and FNV lists
Some user put his question on the list, and entries can't be removed. I'll fill it with somthing. They have to be frequently asked questions. Big McLargeHuge 15:00, September 29, 2011 (UTC)
I though I should let you know that the link to your talkpage in your signature isn't working. It brings up the image rather than taking you to your talkpage. Make sure you coded it right. --Kastera (talk) 01:57, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, I saw that. I would give them 12-24 hours to give a response, but after that, I'd opt for a three day block. --Kastera (talk) 02:29, October 7, 2011 (UTC)
Oops, I didn't even mean to put that up. I was bored so I typed something random in the box I didn't mean to push enter. How was it offensive?FalloutGeek258954 22:32, October 7, 2011 (UTC) FalloutGeek258954
- Thats an inside joke at school i forgot the book hitler wrote was mein kampfen
Sorry about posting an answer as a question, I was hoping to help and I just jumped the gun and was unable to stop it. I'm sorry and I'll be more careful in the furture. Old World
Hi! As detailed on various gaming sites late last week, FNV won 'Best RPG' at the Golden Joystick GotY awards, and I'm a little surprised that it'd received little or no coverage on this wiki as Ausir seems to be pretty much on the ball with Fallout-related news. Are you able to create pages in the 'Recent News' section? Do you think it's worth a mention? Btw, keep up the good work here (particularly editting and deleting) - it's appreciated. Deadpool of the Wastes 19:29, October 23, 2011 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for your reply. I was puzzled as to why I hadn't seen the update in the Latest News page, when I realised that I have The Vault bookmarked to take me straight to the FNV page (where that piece of news isn't displayed), rather than the Homepage (where it is). Egg on my face - thanks for putting me right! Deadpool of the Wastes 19:50, October 24, 2011 (UTC)
Can you please post to this accounts talk page (for confirmation for wikia) that you are happy for this account to have a bot flag so as not to clog up the activaty feed. GhostAvatarBot 17:34, October 30, 2011 (UTC) aka GhostAvatar.
Like the policy on The Vault, admin should use they're best judgement when tackling an issue like this. Personally, I think the ban escalation whould be 3 days -> 1 week -> 2 weeks -> 1 month -> 3 month -> 6 month -> 1 year -> perma, just how it is on the duration bar for blocking a user. --Kastera (talk) 22:24, November 5, 2011 (UTC)
- For the Vaultusually, the block duration is:
- Three days for the first offense
- One week for the second offense
- One month for the third offense
- Any additional offenses may result in a permanent ban (only for registered users).
So this it then. You're leaving everything; Fallout Answers, Fallout Wiki and The Vault? I sort of lost the drive to edit any of them too, until sometime last night. I'm not going to try to convince you to stay or anything; just be sure to come back sometime and catch up. I'll see you later... maybe. --Kastera (talk) 18:19, December 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, you know how things are; they're fun nat first and then they slowly degrade in quality until you wonder why you're still around. Luckily, that doesn't happen to that often. Anyway, I'll see you in a few years if all goes well. :D --Kastera (talk) 06:00, December 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I thought it would be silly to respond to your return under your resignation :3. Most it's been me coming here when I have a moment or two to check up on the site; I'm not sure where BMcLH went, he likes to disappear for weeks at a time. You'd be amazed how easy it is to find "bad" questions with Special:Random. It's good to have you back and I'll be seeing you around. --Kastera (talk) 14:08, March 6, 2012 (UTC)